This is a full time exempt position. Responsible for initiating, directing and executing scientific research and/or development strategies for BioFire Defense through a research staff or individual studies. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, productions and problems. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures including PCR, RT-PCR real-time PCR, and use of fluorescence-based nucleic acid detection techniques. May receive general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Defense’s Quality System.
2. Plans and executes laboratory research.
3. Work involves development of new instrumentation, software or processes, customer support and some training functions.
4. Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
5. Makes contributions to literature and conferences.
6. May advise top management on corporate research and development.
7. Participates in development of patent applications.
8. Responsible for development of research groups.
9. Requires interaction with various company departments.
10. Uses professional concepts to contribute to the development of company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
11. Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others, and independent thought.
12. Ensures that laboratory notebooks for assigned projects/experiments are maintained in accordance with BioFire Defense Employment Handbook.
Training and Education:
Our EEO Policy
BioFire Defense is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. BioFire Defense complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Your application was submitted successfully.