This position is responsible for assisting in a wide variety of installation, repair, and maintenance activities associated with buildings and facilities. Performs basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC duties under the direction of senior staff. Responds promptly and professionally to internal customer requests. Resolves routine service requests and/or problems and has sufficient facilities experience and training to work independently and safely when necessary.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Defense Quality System;
- Support general facilities activities in all functional areas (i.e. carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC).
- Perform all job duties under the direction and supervision of higher-level staff.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities.
- General construction activities such as painting, drywall, flooring, etc.
- Inspects facilities and equipment.
- Fill in with light janitorial support as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work effectively with outside vendors and contractors.
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Cooperate with other technicians in completing assigned job duties.
- Work from drawings, email, electronic systems and/or verbal instructions using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Safely operate company vehicles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational training or work-related experience in a related field (ie, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry)
- Experience with safety and security a plus
Experience: (Minimum time and type experience required for this position.)
- 2-4 years previous related experience in a related field is required;
- Valid Utah’s driver’s license
- Clean driving record Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Our EEO Policy
BioFire Defense is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.