The PM will work with representatives from all functional teams (Engineering, Chemistry R&D, Software, Production, Quality, Sales) and manage the development and introduction of new products as well as managing the current product suite. Gaining an intimate knowledge of these instrumentation and reagent products/projects is critical to meeting launch deadlines and managing fielded products.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes integrated cross-functional plans for projects throughout development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects while adhering to budget, scope and schedule requirements.
- Coordinates activities between R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Regulatory organizations.
- Implements and communicates the strategic and technical direction for the product/project team.
- Works with Product Marketing Manager to identify customer needs for specific projects and programs and manage their development and execution.
- Works with Product Marketing Manager to prepare strategic pre-launch and pre-marketing plans and provide input into development of long and short term marketing strategies.
- Works closely with corporate development to develop overall launch plan.
- Identifies any issues that may delay product or project and recommends appropriate action to be taken. Facilitates resolution.
- Facilitates and manages team meetings both internal and external.
- Helps ensure consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Defense's Quality System and FDA GMP/Design Control.
Training and Education:
- B.S. in life science, engineering or equivalent technical field.
- 5 years experience minimum in technical project management preferably managing projects spanning instrumentation and/or chemistry products. Experience in the Life Science industry and/or in PCR a plus.
Our EEO Policy
BioFire Defense is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.