- This is a full-time non-exempt position. Responsible for manufacturing and formulation of all BioReagents products and sub-assemblies including FilmArray, Razor, JBAIDS and Commercial. Operates production equipment and performs duties under compliance of cGMP manufacturing. Weighs, measures, and checks raw materials to assure that manufactured batched or lots contain the proper ingredients and qualities. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures including PCR, RT-PCR real-time PCR, and use of fluorescence based nucleic acid detection techniques. Conducts complex functional testing and troubleshooting product or in process material. Applicant must be mathematically competent, detail orientated, and able to follow written directions well. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. A wide degree of organization and attention to detail is expected. Normally received no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments. Reports to the BioFire Defense FilmArray Lead Formulator or the BioReagents Lead Formulator.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Defense Quality System.
- Responsible for reagent formulations, WIP, and finished goods, including complex functional testing and troubleshooting.
- Operates Production Equipment.
- Maintains records in compliance with regulatory requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining clean room environment of formulation labs and associated spaces.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established written guidelines to perform job functions.
- Works under immediate supervision and reports to the BioFire Defense FilmArray Lead Formulator or the BioReagents Lead Formulator.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by management.
Training and Education:
- Minimum- demonstrated proficiency as a formulator I based upon management approval and formulation matrix review.
- Must be willing to take on additional responsibilities, and must have 1 Year of GMP laboratory experience.
- Preferred-Completion of a 2 year program with an emphasis on a biological science or actively enrolled in a 4 year degree program in the final year.
- Proficient in math as well as good oral/written communication.
- We offer competitive salaries
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical benefits
- Stimulating work environment
Our EEO Policy
BioFire Defense is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.